- ABC Australia : EARTHQUAKE, April 2010
- BBC World News TV Coverage of NanTroSEIZE, May 2009
- IODP Vessels, Operations, and Community
- Excerpt from "Modern Marvels: Drilling" (The History Channel) Featuring Chikyu and riser drilling Broadcast on May 10, 2006 (4:00)
- IODP Climate Change Research: Tahiti Sea Level Exp. 310
- Introducing NanTroSEIZE Eight-minute presentation with Harold Tobin of University of Wisconsin-Madison, co-chief project scientist for the NanTroSEIZE Expeditionthat started in Sept. 2007 to investigate how earthquakes and tsunamis occur.
- Exploring Time; Harold Tobin (now Professor of University of Wisconsin-Madison) explains how Chikyu drills down into fault lines in the ocean floor near Japan to study the geological processes that effect continental plate movement over 100's of millions of years.
- BBC Material World Coverage of Science Plan for 2013-2023
- BBC World News Coverage of NanTroSEIZE, May 2009