NOTE: PC users experiencing display issues for ActiveX Controls while accessing the IODP audio/video pages -- due to the April, 2006 Windows Update -- please visit Microsoft Knowledge Base
TV and Radio
- IODP ECORD Science Operators (ESO)
- INVEST Conference in Bremen
- Discovery Channel Canada Coverage of Chikyu, Challenges to investigate Tohoku earthquake :
- ABC Australia : EARTHQUAKE, April 2010
- BBC World News TV Coverage of NanTroSEIZE, May 2009
- IODP Vessels, Operations, and Community
- Excerpt from "Modern Marvels: Drilling" (The History Channel) Featuring Chikyu and riser drilling Broadcast on May 10, 2006 (4:00)
- IODP Climate Change Research: Tahiti Sea Level Exp. 310
- Introducing NanTroSEIZE Eight-minute presentation with Harold Tobin of University of Wisconsin-Madison, co-chief project scientist for the NanTroSEIZE Expeditionthat started in Sept. 2007 to investigate how earthquakes and tsunamis occur.
Drilling Deep for Earthquakes; Harold Tobin talks about NanTroSEIZE and JFAST projects when he was interviewed by California Academy of Sciences.
- Exploring Time; Harold Tobin, New Mexico Tech. (before he became Professor of University of Wisconsin-Madison) explains how Chikyu drills down into fault lines in the ocean floor near Japan to study the geological processes that effect continental plate movement over 100's of millions of years.
- ACEX Photo Exhibition
- BBC Material World Coverage of Science Plan for 2013-2023
- BBC World News Coverage of NanTroSEIZE, May 2009
- Gas Hydrates: Cascadia Margin Gas Hydrates Expedition
- Audio interview with Michael Riedel, Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) - Geological Survey of Canada, co-chief scientist, Exp. 311